Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Greatest Salesman in the World

The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino is one of the best pieces of literature ever written for those in the profession of sales. Outside motivation from books and CDs can be extremely valuable. It makes no difference how good of a salesperson you may be….this is a profession with many ups and downs. Even if your “job” does not include the word “sales”….and if your profession does not appear to be within the sales industry…. make no mistake…. throughout your life… you will sell something to somebody.

Mandino believes that to be a good salesperson, you must believe in yourself and the work you are doing.

The Greatest Salesman in the World reveals the legend of Hafid, a camel boy who lived two thousand years ago and came into the possession of ten ancient scrolls that contain the wisdom for achieving all of his ambitions in life. Here is the Cliff Notes version of the story:

  • Scroll I – Today I begin a new life.
  • Scroll II – I will greet this day with love in my heart.
  • Scroll III – I will persist until I succeed.
  • Scroll IV – I am nature’s greatest miracle.
  • Scroll V – I will live this day as if it is my last.
  • Scroll VI – Today I will be master of my emotions.
  • Scroll VII – I will laugh at the world
  • Scroll VIII – Today I will multiply my value a hundredfold.
  • Scroll IX – I will act now, I will act now, I will act now.
  • Scroll X – I will pray for guidance.
You don’t have to be a salesperson to live these principles. You can easily read Og Mandino’s book, The Greatest Salesman in the World, in one sitting…but the lessons learned will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment